Waste management plan have a crucial role in achieving sustainable waste management that is in line with Albanian waste legislation.
The main purpose is to provide a full spectrum of generated waste including any relevant assessment and issue adequate guidelines for the implementation of Waste legislation, classification and treatment possibilities.
In this framework each organization that produces waste should draft a waste management plan observing the following key topics:
Place of generation
- Identification and classification of waste,
- Definition of the code according to albanian waste catalogue
Collection & Storage
- Identification of site and amount of the generated waste,
- Determination of the relevant site where the waste is stored and/or collected and all appropriate measures
- Application for the Unique Code of waste at AKM
- Drafting the transport contract
- Document analysis including appropriate transport license and other legal requirements
- Follow up of the completion of waste transfer needed documents
- Correspondence with AKM (every 3 months for hazardous waste and every 1 year for non-hazardous waste) for the transfer of waste.
- Analysis of the Waste Treatment Company documentation and study of relevant candidacies that provide treatment according to legal requirements.
- Review whether the company respects the specific legal requirements regarding the treatment.
- Follow up of the procedure for the Final Certificate of Waste Treatment