Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) is a robust, ISO-based, internationally accepted certification scheme for auditing and certification of food safety in the whole supply chain.
The requirements are based on ISO 22000, sector pre-requisite programs (PRPs) for which stakeholder organizations have developed technical specifications (eg ISO/TS 22002-1 Food Manufacturing & ISO/TS 22002-4 Food Packaging Material Manufacturing) and Additional Requirements established by the FSSC Scheme.
FSSC 22000 includes transportation and on site storage if part of the operation. It is applicable to all organizations in the food industry, regardless of size and complexity, profit-making or not, public or private.
- Continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Increasing the effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System by integrating pre-requisite programs (PRP’s), HACCP with the Plan-Do-Check-Act philosophies of ISO 9001
- Better consistency and traceability of product
- Complying with legal, statutory, regulatory requirements
- Recognized by the European Cooperation for Accreditation (EA)