Tesco NURTURE is a standard required of producers supplying Tesco with fresh fruit, vegetable and salad products. It makes sure that best agricultural practices are applied in the production of the produce.
Certification depends on growers demonstrating that their produce is grown and handled in a manner which meets regulatory requirements, protects the environment and is safe plus meeting the high expectation of Tesco customers.
The scheme is developed around seven pillars:
- Rational use of plant protection products
- Rational use of fertilizers and organic matter
- Pollution prevention
- Protection of human health and working conditions
- Sustainable use of water, energy and other natural resources
- Recycling and re-use
- Wildlife and landscape conservation and enhancement
By implementing Tesco Protocol companies demonstrate diligence and enhance their reputation and credibility.