EMAS is the premium environmental management tool for the organizations with a proactive approach to environmental challenges look for ways to:
- Improve its environmental and financial performance;
- Communicate its environmental achievements to stakeholders and society in general.
It shares the same basic structure and requirements with Environmental Management Standards ISO 14001:2004, but there are certain principles that make EMAS regulation unique.
EMAS’ distinctive key elements are performance, credibility and transparency.
- Guarantee of full regulatory compliance with environmental legislation
- Reduced risk of fines related to environmental legislation
- Resource efficiency and lower costs
- Continuous improvement of environmental performance is verified
- Independently validated environmental information
- Use of the EMAS logo as a marketing tool